Monday, August 08, 2005

The Worst Pick-Up Lines ... That Ever Worked!

The Worst Pick-Up Lines ... That Ever Worked!


Happen magazine chooses the worst pick-up lines...that
ever worked! These seemingly lame come-ons actually
charmed women. Just goes to show you, romance is
always full of surprises. Read on and pick up an idea
or two.

The Corniest Line Ever Award
"This guy who was so not my style came over to me and
my friends and asked: 'Do you happen to know how much
a polar bear weighs?' We said no and kept walking, and
then he said, 'Well, it's enough to break the ice. Hi,
I'm Brian.' We all cracked up and kept talking to
him." —Charity, 29, Cincinnati, OH

The Artistic License Award
"I was shooting pool with friends, and some guys
offered us a friendly challenge. Midway through the
game, one of them looked at me and said, 'Do you
remember Crayola crayons? Well, they used to have this
color called Blizzard Blue. It was my favorite color,
and your eyes are actually Blizzard Blue.' I thought
it was so cute-he had me right there." —Erica, 21,
Brunswick, OH

The Balls of Steel Award
"I was at an office party when a guest of a coworker
introduced himself and said, 'Blueberries or
strawberries?' Confused, I asked what he meant, and he
replied, 'I just want to know what kind of pancakes to
make you in the morning.' He said it with such a
straight face that it was like a scene in a funny
movie. I didn't eat breakfast with him, but I did give
him my number." —Jan, 33, Cleveland, OH

The Dumb and Dumber Award
"This random guy came up to me at a party, looked me
straight in the eyes and said, 'Baby, you're sexier
than socks on a rooster.' I had absolutely no idea
what he meant, but I thought it was funny and I liked
how unusual it was. It got us talking, trying to
figure out what that line meant!" —Holly, 19, Milford,
OH

The Mama's Boy Award
"I was at a local bar one night, and this guy sat next
to me and said, 'Would it freak you out if I said that
I've already told my mother about you?' I said, 'No,
why?' Then he told me that he'd actually stepped
outside, called his mother and asked her how to
approach me. I thought it was adorable that he was a
mama's boy." —Michelle, 25, Erie, PA

The Oddest Use of a Parking Space Award
"I fought tooth and nail with a guy over a parking
space and won. When I came back out to my car, there
was a note on it that said, 'I like your style. Call
me.' It was very unexpected, and I loved the approach.
See, it pays to be a lover and a fighter." —Lynn, 36,
Boston, MA

The Best Brown-Nosing Award
"This poker party I was at started to get very
crowded. As a group of girls walked in, this guy came
up behind me and said, 'I think you're going to be
asked to leave soon. You're so pretty, you're putting
all the other women to shame.' I tend to be very shy,
so his compliment really helped crack my shell."
—Katie, 31, Chicago, IL

The Let-Me-Count-The-Ways Award
"I first met my current boyfriend at a bar, and after
we introduced ourselves, he said, 'I adore you.' He
then drunkenly went on to catalog why he adored
me—from the way I ordered drinks to the way I brushed
hair out of my eyes. It was sort of scary that he'd
been watching me, but what took it out of stalker mode
and made it flattering was his sweetness and
sincerity." —Melissa, 27, Brooklyn, NY

1 Comments:

Blogger Madhooo said...

Hey Vipul,

I found ur blog very very entertaining. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Madhooo

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home